WELCOME TO THE PRECEPTOR EDUCATION PROGRAM (PEP) for Health Professionals and Students!The Preceptor Education Program is an online interprofessional program that consists of eight interactive learning modules. The modules are available on this website, or through eCampus Ontario as an open education resource. Each module takes 30-45 minutes to complete. The modules include downloadable resources, learning exercises, video case scenarios and references. Learning is self-directed and the modules can be completed in any order, however it is recommended learners complete them sequentially from module 1 to 8. After completing a module, participants may complete an optional feedback survey. A certificate can be printed at the end of each module to record the education completed.
STUDENTS:The learning modules will help students to:
- Learn about their role and what will be expected of them in professional practice
- Increase their understanding of anti-oppressive practices, and examine their positionality and the influence it has on relationships with others
- Develop concise learning objectives and learn how to optimize their learning
- Develop their capacities to learn from experience and to engage in clinical reasoning and reflective practice
- Explore both the process of providing and receiving feedback throughout a professional practice placement and a format for outcome evaluations
- Learn assertive communication and how to manage conflicts within professional relationships
- Discover strategies for virtual placement
PRECEPTORS:The learning modules will help preceptors to:
- Prepare for their role as preceptor and discover tips on how to plan and prepare an engaging orientation for your student
- Discover ready-to-go learning activities and exercises that will optimize the professional practice experience
- Help their student develop useful and relevant learning objectives.
- Foster clinical reasoning, and reflective practice
- Learn how to provide effective process feedback, manage conflicts, as well as prepare for and facilitate the outcome evaluation process
- Access resources and tools that can be used in practice placement
Please spread the word that PEP (www.preceptor.ca) has been revised so that others can discover the new and improved program!